Pickled Garlic and Spicy Sliced Beef Recipe
If you read my post, The Health Benefits Of Cooking With Fresh Herbs and Spices, you may be looking for more ways to incorporate spices and fresh herbs into your diet. Here are two recipes that pair wonderfully together in a meal, along with a vegetable or salad of your choice. Be sure to make the pickled garlic 2 days in advance.
1 lb. peeled garlic
2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
4 tablespoon vinegar
3 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
Prep time: 15 mins + 24 hours marinade time
Cooking time: 5 mins
- Cut garlic cloves into halves or thirds. Steam them in a double boiler until soft – 10 minutes, set aside.
- Mix Cayenne pepper, turmeric, salt, fenugreek and vinegar, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When crackling stops, add the mix of spices and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and mix.
- Pour into a glass container. Add more oil to reach the top and this will keep the pickle fresh longer. It takes 2 days to obtain the full flavor.
*Notes on nutrient content:
– Garlic contains vitamins B and C and dietary minerals manganese and phosphorus, calcium, iron and zinc.
– Pepper contains vitamins B and C and dietary minerals potassium, -magnesium and iron.
– Turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant
– Fenugreek contains calcium, iron and phosphorus
– Mustard contains magnesium and sodium
I am proud to share this informative yet easy to use book that will help you or a loved one reverse their Type 2 Diabetes in 8 weeks. My plan will also help you to remain diabetes free as you will take this on as a lifestyle. Make better choices and take ownership of your health today!
Spicy Sliced Beef
6 oz. thinly sliced beef
2 stalks celery
2 stalks green onion
½ thinly sliced large red onion
1½ teaspoon ginger, cut up
3 cloves finely chopped cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon salt, if needed
2 tablespoons canola oil
8 teaspoons soy sauce
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add onion, garlic, ginger and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced meat and cook until it loses the pink color.
- Add soy sauce, cover and cook at medium heat until meat is done, about 15 minutes.